Life can be full of surprises, and unfortunately not all surprises are welcome. When an unexpected event – including death, disability or job loss -- occurs, the last thing you or your family should have to worry about is your mortgage.
Manulife Bank Select creditor's group insurance1 is an optional product that can offer financial protection if sudden disaster strikes2.
How it works
Monthly premiums are based on your outstanding Manulife Bank Select mortgage balance. The lower your outstanding month-end balance, the less you’ll pay in premiums3.
Benefits are payable to Manulife Bank and applied against the balance of your account.
The amount of the benefit is equal to:
- The outstanding balance (principal and interest) of the mortgage portion of your Manulife Bank Select account as at the date of death, plus
- Any reasonable and customary charges required to discharge your mortgage, not to exceed five per cent of the total outstanding mortgage balance.
Free trial – apply now!
Manulife Bank Select creditor's group insurance comes with a 60-day free look period, so you can see if the coverage meets your needs. You can cancel the coverage within 60 days of receiving the certificate of insurance to receive a refund of any premiums paid. To apply for our creditor's group insurance, call us at 1-866-388-7095.
Or, for more information, check out:
- Manulife Bank Select creditor's group insurance brochure
- Frequently asked questions
- Manulife Bank Select creditor's group insurance plan distribution guide
1 Manulife Bank’s life insurance and disability coverage are underwritten and administered by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife) and job loss coverage is underwritten by First North American Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife, and administered by Manulife.
2 Certain exclusions apply. Visit manulifebank.ca for details.
3 Rates are not guaranteed and are subject to change.