Renewing your mortgage
Since you opened your Manulife Bank Select account, you’ve done well paying down your mortgage. That kind of progress is worth repeating! By renewing your mortgage for another term, you can put yourself even closer to your financial goals.
Our quick and convenient mortgage renewal process will help ensure you stay on track. Now, what would you like to do?
Whether you’re looking for a mortgage with short-term flexibility or long-term predictability, Manulife Bank Select delivers with a variety of term and interest-rate options to meet your needs.
The future can be full of surprises – unexpected changes that may affect your financial plan. Perhaps you’ll choose to move to a new home. Or, your income level may change.
A mortgage with a shorter term can provide the flexibility you need to manage your finances through different life events.
If short-term flexibility is important to you, consider the following terms:
- Fixed: 1-year open
- Fixed: 1-year closed
- Fixed: 2-year closed
- Fixed: 3-year closed
Having a consistent approach to paying down your mortgage can help make managing your money simple and seamless. A fixed interest rate with a longer term can provide this type of predictability. You’ll know how much of your debt you’re paying down each month, based on a disciplined payment schedule – and you’ll avoid interest-rate fluctuations.
If long-term predictability is important to you, consider the following terms:
- Fixed: 3-year closed
- Fixed: 4-year closed
- Fixed: 5-year closed
- Fixed: 7-year closed
- Fixed: 10-year closed
Flexible features put your goals within reach
Manulife Bank Select offers flexible features that can help you achieve your financial goals, including:
- Competitive prepayment privileges – allowing you to pay down your mortgage faster.
- Low prepayment penalties to help you manage unexpected life changes.
- Portability – If you move, you can take your mortgage with you!
To discuss your options, call us at 1-855-682-5979, ext. 143406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our mortgage renewal specialists would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can renew an eligible1 mortgage when it’s most convenient for you. Simply download our mobile banking app -- Manulife Bank Mobile.
- Tap ‘More’ in the main menu, followed by ‘Services & Fees,’ then ‘Renew your mortgage or sub-account,’
- Review your contact information, and update your phone number or email address if required,
- Select the account you would like to renew (if you have more than one),
- Select your new mortgage or sub-account type and term,
- Provide your consent to the terms and conditions, and
- Tap ‘Submit.’
Once you’ve submitted your renewal request, a message will pop up confirming your submission.
Your new term will be reflected in your account details one business day after the scheduled renewal date of your current term.
No problem – we’re here to help! Call our mortgage renewal team at 1-855-682-5979, ext. 143406 to discuss your renewal options. We’ll guide you through the renewal process so you can feel confident choosing the term and interest rate type that works best for you.
On top of renewing your mortgage for another term, you may also want to take this opportunity to:
- Help protect your account from the unexpected with Manulife Bank Select creditor's group insurance2. You may be eligible to purchase up to $500,000 in mortgage life insurance. Our creditor protection also offers job loss and disability riders3. If approved, you’ll have 60 days to review the protection and ensure it meets your needs.
- Reward yourself by applying for a ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa Infinite* or ManulifeMONEY+™ Visa* Platinum credit card. With either credit card, you’ll enjoy valuable cash back rewards on every purchase4.
*Trademark of Visa Int., used under licence.
1 If you have a mortgage that is eligible for renewal, you will receive a renewal agreement by mail approximately 90 days before your maturity date. This agreement will outline your renewal interest-rate and term options.
2 Certain exclusions apply.
3 Manulife Bank’s life insurance and disability coverage are underwritten and administered by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife) and job loss coverage is underwritten by First North American Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife, and administered by Manulife.
4 Conditions apply; visit manulifebank.ca/creditcards for details.